GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

Kills..it in the morning and when I stop at a stop sign or red light…

Customer Question
My Jimmy kills on me...
My Jimmy kills on me when I first get in it in the morning and when I stop at a stop sign or red light. It has even killed when I make a turn in the middle of the street. Please tell me what I can do about this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: GM
6/28/2010
GM Mechanic: Amedee, GMC Technician replied 8 years ago
Amedee
Amedee, GMC Technician

Hello!

It sounds like you might have a vacuum leak or the fuel pressure regulator is leaking fuel into the intake causing your stalling. This is very common. When this happens, two things happen. Your fuel pressure is low because your fuel system is leaking and the extra fuel goes right into your engine and its not accounted for by the computer. The combination for both of these things can cause all sorts of problems and most likely is the cause of your stalling issue.

WHERE IS THE VACUUM LEAK OR FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR AND IS THIS A MAJOR PROBLEM THAT NEEDS TO FIXED?

Sorry for the delay!

If you have a 4.3 engine, the fuel pressure regulator is located inside the intake manifold. If it is leaking, then yes... it needs to be replaced.