GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

tahoe: problem is engine light comes..fuse box under the hood..restart…

Customer Question
I have an 03 tahoe...
I have an 03 tahoe, the problem is engine light comes on and then it powers down I know the powering down is a safety thing to keep from ruining the engine. I have spent over $1000 trying to get it fixed. I have found if I shut the motor off and pound on the fuses in the fuse box under the hood and then restart, but I must perform that ritual 3 times before the light will go out, then I can drive on normally. I have taken it to 3 Gm places including the new big one in Frisco Tx. and one that sent me to a electrical specialist, and 3 or 4 other places to no avail. It seems like it powers down when I am on bumpy roads, and sometimes under normal conditions it will go a week before powering down. This has gone on for 9 months and I cannot afford any more attempts. Can you please help me???
Dorothy
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: GM
6/25/2010
GM Mechanic: car tech, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
car tech
car tech, ASE Certified Technician
in my opinion if you have to pound on that box then we no the problem is there first thing i would do is change all the relays these world be the most common fail items another easy way is go to a salvage yard and get a used fuse box and just swap it out
car tech
car tech, ASE Certified Technician

I 'm so sorry I didn't accept right away. Thankyou for your help

I don't know if it will work but it is worth a try. I will let you know the outcome

ok thanks