GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

2004 Chevrolet: Air conditioning works sometimes..energize..compressor…

Customer Question
2004 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax. Air...
2004 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax. Air conditioning works sometimes. The "snowflake" will flash and then go off and will not energize the compressor. Sometimes it works fine. Already checked system pressure and it is good. Any ideas?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: GM
6/23/2010
GM Mechanic: GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic replied 8 years ago
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic

Greetings and Welcome to Just answer.

It is possible there is a wiring issure or something with the high pressure sensor. THe PCM is in control of the system so we will need to see if there are any codes in the PCM.

These will not be codes that set a check engine light because they are not an emission type code.