GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

1994 gmc: coil..wont start it does crank over but no fuel..psi

Customer Question

i have a 1994 gmc jimmy vortex 4.3? that when i turnd it of it did not start i replace the injetor system spider injetors new battery control mogul in the distibuter new plugs wires coil and it still wont start it does crank over but no fuel and the fuel pump is working have 43.o psi at the shrater valve
Category: GM
Expert:  ASEMaster35yrs replied 8 years ago.
Is the security light on when this happens? Are you getting a flash pulse at the injectors? Are you getting spark at the plugs. Have you checked for codes? If so what are they? Please let me know the answers to all of these questions and I will help you find the problem.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
spark is present new coil. the fuel is passing thought and back to the tank but is not going to the in ejectors to cylinder code is 12. new battery new control moguls in the distributer new plugs wires cap and rotor i have 43.psi to serrator valve 12 volts to injetor sys which is a spider type keep in mind that when strating fluid is put in thurght the front air flow it starts then stop after it burns the starting fluid. oil is good the year is 1994 vim 1gkdt13wbr----4dr jimmy 4wheel.