GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

2004 Yukon: rear view mirror on drivers door..wiring plug...removing…

Customer Question
needing to replace rear view...
needing to replace rear view mirror on drivers door on 2004 Yukon. Power mirror requires I take door panel off to get to wiring plug.   Where do I find directions on removing door panel.   I reposted this under GMC expert for cars. Did not mean to be in printers and office. thanks,
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: GM
6/11/2010
GM Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 8 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Below are directions:

graphic

• Insert a flat-bladed tool into the slots on the power accessory switch panel in order to release the retainer clips.
  • Remove the switch panel.
  • Disconnect the electrical connectors from the switches.
  • Remove the screws from the switches.
  • Remove the power accessory switches from the switch panel.
  • Insert a flat-bladed tool between the door handle bezel and the trim panel in order to release the handle bezel tab retainers.
    graphic

• Remove the door handle bezel from the door panel.
  • graphic

• Release the upper extension by pulling outward on the front edge in order to release the upper retainer clips.
  • Remove the upper extension from the trim panel by lifting up and out.
  • graphic

• Gently push the assembly toward the front edge of the door.
  • Lift the rear of the assembly from the door by using a small flat tool.
  • Remove the courtesy lamp/reflector from the door panel.
  • Twist and remove the socket container from the housing.
  • Remove the bulb from the socket (if replacement is required).
  • Remove the manual lock lever from the trim panel using a flat bladed tool.
  • Remove the trim panel screws.
    graphic

• Remove the trim panel from the door. Carefully slide the trim panel up in order to release the retainers from the door.
  • Disconnect the electrical connectors.
  • Ask Your Own GM Question

Below are directions:

graphic
    View Full Image

• Remove the switch panel.
  • Remove the screws from the switches.
    graphic
    View Full Image

• graphic
    View Full Image

• graphic
    View Full Image

• Remove the trim panel screws.
    graphic
    View Full Image

• Disconnect the electrical connectors.
  • Ask Your Own GM Question

If you have any questions on the directions, feel free to ask for more help, otherwise please remember to click the accept button to pay for services rendered as the expert is not paid until you do so. thank you and have a nice day