GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

My truck quit after running 2 seconds.Wont start again.Fred…

Customer Question
My truck quit after running...
My truck quit after running 2 seconds.
Wont start again.
Fred
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: GM
6/10/2010
GM Mechanic: JHoop, GMC Technician replied 8 years ago
JHoop
JHoop, GMC Technician
Hello , my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com.

Will the engine crank?
Yes
Fred
Do you have any testing tools?

Have you checked for spark at the coil?
No spark sensor
Fred
So you have no spark from the coil to the distributor cap?
Sorry I have no tool to check the spark.
Fred
OK. Take the air cleaner off and see if there is fuel coming from the injectors when the engine is cranked.

Also, open the fuel cap and listen for the fuel pump running for 2 seconds when the key is turned to run.

Let me know the results.
I'm doing a follow up and noticed that you havent replied back or ACCEPT the answer to your question yet. Please reply back if you need additional help or press ACCEPT so that the question may be closed out. Keep in mind that the experts on this site are compensated for their time spent helping customers once ACCEPT is selected. Thanks again for using Just Answer.
I found the problem-the pre fuelpump is week. I have to prime manualy.
Thanks.
Fred
If you have any more questions or need any diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask If this answer helped you, please click ACCEPT.

If you have a deposit but do not click ACCEPT you will STILL be charged, but I don't get credit! Not clicking ACCEPT hurts the Techs that help you! Thanks, JHoop

Edited by JHoop on 6/18/2010 at 6:34 PM EST