GM

GM Repair Problems? Ask GM Repair Expert Now.

GM

tahoe: air bag..wireing no issues with sensors or bags..fuses..disable

Customer Question
09 tahoe having a...
09 tahoe having a issue reseting air bag module; replaced module , checked all wireing no issues with sensors or bags. Seams like module will comunicate but not reset or configure .Do I have to pull some fuses to disable system ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: GM
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/31/2009
GM Mechanic: GMTechBernard, Shop Foreman replied 8 years ago
GMTechBernard
GMTechBernard, Shop Foreman
Can you give me some history as to why the module was replaced? What steps did you use to try and configure it? Do you now what codes are coming up?
driver air bag was deployed . replaced air bag and seat belts . coming up with config code .
So did you replace the air bags and seat belt only, or did you replace the air bag module (under the drivers seat)?
yes it is a 3rd new module all are acting same

Unless you are a dealer, or your shop owns a Tech2 with a subscription to Service Programming System, you cannot install this Module. Two things need to take place after replacement:

1: programmed to vehicle using the Tech2 and SPS

2: serial number put into the Body Control Module (BCM) via the Tech2

Until both of these steps are completed, the SDM will constantly show the Air Bag light with the "option configuration error" fault stored.

if you don't have the tools listed, you will, unfortunately have to take it to the dealer to be programmed. If you are a shop that does, or will be doing a high volume of these, I can direct you to where you need to go, to do these types of procedures "in house".

Let me know how I can be of further assistance!

we do have the proper computer. module will not let us configure . I am told I might have to pull some fuses to so the line is not busy ? is this true ? if so witch ones?

Please tell me a little about your setup? What version of Tech2 are you using (version number is XXXXX on the Tech2 startup screen). What website are you accessing SPS from?

At what point does the scanner let you know its not configuring (are you in the middle of programming, etc?)

have the tech 2 update to 2010 . all so had to dealer they came up with same issues computer comunicates up to config and says cant confg.

I'm a little concerned about the setup because these vehicles are very sensitive. You should be using the Pass-through procedure to program this.

There are many steps involved to setting thsi module up, so it would also be most helpful if you could tell me at what step the system is failing to configure. Are you able to successfully program the SDM? Are you getting an error that no calibration is found? Is SPS not reading the VIN? Will the SDM's primary Key not write to the BCM?

We are getting a b1001 & b1019 code . the sdm is reading vin but will not program is there somthing we and dealer missed? I have gm dealer procedure does not have any special pass through instructions

Was the module successfully programmed via SPS? The B1019 will prevent the BCM from learning the primary key, so the B1001 won't go away until the B1019 is fixed.

The B1019 can be caused by an SDM programmed to look for a Passenger Presence System (PPS) and it not finding one (either not installed or not functioning), or the SDM is programmed not to see one, but is finding one.

Do you have any PPS codes?

GMTechBernard
GMTechBernard
GMTechBernard, Shop Foreman