How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask GM Tech (Cam) Your Own Question
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Category: GM
Satisfied Customers: 29570
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
Type Your GM Question Here...
GM Tech (Cam) is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i replace the oil sending unit switch on a 04 gmc envoy v8 5.3L

Customer Question

how do i replace the oil sending unit switch
on a 04 gmc envoy v8 5.3L
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: GM
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 8 years ago.
WElcome. IS this the oil level sensor or the oil pressure sensor?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
pressure sensor
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 8 years ago.

OK, the pressure sensor is on the back side of the engine, drivers side. You will need an oil pressure socket to replace it. The picture below will help you identify it. Use some thread sealant on the threads of the new sensor. I hope you have small hands because it is a bit of a squeeze. If you cannot get at it, you will need to take the intake manifold off, but that it not to bad either.

Object Number: 823316  Size: SH


GM Tech (Cam) and 4 other GM Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

how do you remove the intake manifold ?


Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 8 years ago.
OK, HERE are instructions for the removal and replacement. I recommend that you check the holes for the knock sensors for water when you have it off. If you find water, replace the sensor and save doing this again.