GM

GM Repair Problems? Ask GM Repair Expert Now.

GM

Wiring diagram..fuel pump..the instrument cluster fuel gage

Customer Question
I need the wiring diagram...
I need the wiring diagram for a fuel pump assembly. The wire are different colors from the old unit that being replaced. I know 2 wires go to the sending/reciving and the other two are the instrument cluster fuel gage and the other the computer.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: GM
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/2/2009
GM Mechanic: Scott K, GMC Technician replied 8 years ago
Scott K
Scott K, GMC Technician

Hello and welcome to Just answer,

What is the year and model , engine size of the vehicle?

2001 GMC Yukon SLE I think 4.???

Below is a diagram of the connector on the vehicle side with the colors and thier purpose. Let me know if you need help matching them up or need different information.

Object Number: 258300  Size: CH

Connector Part Information

12160482
4 Way F Metri-Pack 150 Series (BLK)

Pin

Wire Color

Circuit No.

Function

A

PPL

1589

Fuel Level Sensor Signal [- Primary]

B

GRY

120

Fuel Pump Supply Voltage

C

BLK

1650

Ground

D

ORN/BLK

510

Sensor Ground

The colors on the car are different. On the truck wiring harness the wires are blace, white, orange, green.

On the fuel pump that I brought the wire colors are purple/black, grey/white, black, purple. any information on how to match these up

Just to clarify are these the colors of the wires that are on the fuel pump module or the connector on the truck leading to the module that plugs into the top of the module?

truck wiring harness - wires are blace, white, orange, green.

On the fuel pump - purple/black, grey/white, black, purple

Has the trucks harness had a new connector installed for the fuel pump?

This is the only thing that makes since, GM has used Gray for fuel pump power and purple for sending unit signal for years.

On your fuel pump Grey is fuel pump power, Black pump ground, Purple is signal from fuel sender and purple with black is low reference fuel signal (ground)

Can you look at the connector below and match up the wire colors you have to the terminals labeled? for instance is term A orange?, ect.

Object Number: 258300  Size: CH

Scott K
Scott K, GMC Technician
The wires on the vehicle harness are Black, white, Orange, Green what do they mean?
Vehicle harness plug is square.

The fuel pump wires are Purple/Blk, Grey/white, black, purple (solid). How these wires match up. The fuel pump plug is oblong.

On that square plug what position is each wire in on the plug and does it look like the connector I have sent already?

this is the only way I can help if I know this from you, I have the factory service info on your vehicle and I know it is correct from actual experience it is not matching up to what you are telling me. so I need to know the information above.

Scott K
Scott K
Scott K, GMC Technician