German Law

Have German law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I need a an advice in regard to family law in Germany, more…

Customer Question
I need a an...

I need a an advice in regard to family law in Germany, more specific my rights and obligations towards my child

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in German family court?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No, this is my first contact in regard to the issue

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The mother, the child and myslef all have Dutch nationality. Child is 15 months old

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: German Law
4/3/2018
Lawyer: legal eagle, Attorney replied 3 months ago
legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney

Dear Custmoerm

if the mother and child are in Germany German family law is applicable regardless of natiionality.

You have the obligation to pay child suppoert and also have the right to access ( visiting)