German Law

Have German law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Lets say a person spoke to the police about an incident that…

Customer Question
Lets say a person...

Lets say a person spoke to the police about an incident that involved. Her husband

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the husband in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Wiesbaden Germany

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps has the husband taken so far?

She was the victim and the only witness

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She did not go through with the case. But they told her she had to sign the statement made. In German native language. She did not want to do it but they told her she had to.

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: German Law
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Can they still charge him if I did not press charges .I am the only witness and the victim. He and I decided to work it out and stay married.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I am still awaiting my response from you on my questions please
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
When will they response?
Answered in 1 day by:
3/30/2018
Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 20 days ago
Josie-Mod
Hi, I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I've noticed you have not yet received a response to this question.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer.
If you are, please let me know. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer reply replied 20 days ago
I will wait. I was just checking because I got no repond at all, reassuring me that I will get a response. I will wait. Thank you for responding.
Lawyer: Josie-Mod,
 replied 20 days ago
Hello again,
We can not predict or guarantee response time, just because the volume of questions, number of Experts online, complexity of questions, and other factors vary.
Your question is open to all Experts.
Lawyer: Thegonnec, Judge replied 20 days ago
Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Judge

All will depend on whether there was any material proofs of the facts in the complaint and of their seriousness... If the police has proof that violence took place, the prosecutor's office may decide to pursue the case in the public interest, even if the victim formally withdraws her complaint.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Even if it's the wife. Material proof meaning evidence in terms of lab report and pictures. What if she said it was
An alcohol related incident went bad. And it was consensual
Lawyer: Thegonnec, Judge replied 15 days ago

If the wife made accusations then withdraws them, she may face prosecution herself for making false statements to the police. Yet the prosecutor's office has liberty to judge that it was consensual or not depending on evidence of violence and of initial statement.

Thegonnec
Thegonnec
Thegonnec, Judge