German Law

Have German law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I worked in Germany from 1.03.2011 until 31.12.2017, when I…

Customer Question
Hello! I worked in...

Hello! I worked in Germany from 1.03.2011 until 31.12.2017, when I terminated the contract with the employer and left the country. As part of the contract, I payed a monthly private life insurance. Now that I left, I wanted to surrender the contract and get my money back, but the previous employer told me that I cannot do that because of legal regulations, i.e. "The calculated amount of monthly payment as of November 1st, 2043 exceeds the legal limit of monthly EUR 29.75". I am sure I did not sign on any information like this when I joined the company, but I am also not very knowledgeable of the German law. I want to know if the employer is right, or do I have any chance to get my money back? Thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Bavaria

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No - I just got a letter from the employer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

N No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: German Law
Attached the letter I received from the previous employer
1/18/2018
Lawyer: legal eagle, Attorney replied 4 months ago
legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney

Dear Customer,

thak you so much for your uestion.

I am an employment law specialist.

These insurances are benefitted by the state.

So the payments are tax free and you do not have to pay contributions to social security on the payments you make.

On the other side it is illegal to terminate them before you have reached pension aged ore are unable to work because of disability.

So you can make more payments ore cease paying into it.

But termination is prohibited by the law

Any further questions?

legal eagle
legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney