German Law

Have German Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

German Law

I've applied for a Worker's Visa (while currently on a Job…

I've applied for a Worker's...
I've applied for a Worker's Visa (while currently on a Job Seeker's Visa), the Ausländerbehörde has verified the company and all my documents have been accepted. However, now they say my salary and monthly expenses to not meet the requirements. What are the requirements to "secure a livelihood"? Thank you
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/2/2018
hhvgoetz
hhvgoetz, Rechtsanwalt, LL.M.

you'll need at least the money you and your familiy would receive with Hartz IV Support (Arbeitslosgengeld II).

The exact amount depends on a base according to the persons in your household + your actual costs for the apartment, heating and cold water,

The details are quite complicated as certain insurances can be deducted and only certain costs of mainting the flat a within the base or outside (for example electricity and warm water has to be paid by the base = Regelsatz).

You can make an aproxximation using one of the calculators online searching for "alg ii rechner".

In case of doubt, check in detail with the Jobcenter or some social entity who help with that like Caritas or even the Ausländerbehörde themselves.

Regards

hhvgoetz
hhvgoetz, Rechtsanwalt, LL.M.
hhvgoetz
hhvgoetz
hhvgoetz, Rechtsanwalt, LL.M.