German Law

Have German Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

German Law

I was recently transferred by the company I work for, from…

Customer Question
Hello. I was recently transferred...
Hello. I was recently transferred by the company I work for, from Brasil to Germany, Specifically the State of Baden-Wüdenberg. My wife , me and pur 2 pitbull dogs where initially exited to come to Germany since we were informed that was possible to eliminate the ban on the Pitbull breed in the are where we should settle.Nevertheless, my wife and I came already to Germany beginning of December 2017 and started the transfer process... To our big surprice, when we tried the HundeAnmeldung in the city Rathouse, we were informed it is forbidden.WE actually know, that by law is possible to eliminate this ban and bring our dogs to Germany...the fact is we are lost in where to find legal support to confirm to the Cicty responsable person, it is legal and we can apply with all requirements by law... We are very sad and frustrated, since the very moment we started with this job transfer process we asked if it was possible to bring our dogs, that are like family to us...and it was informed it is possible..... now.... we get this cold and discriminationg answear form the City Rathause responbible...... Can you please help us... we are desperted!!! Our dogs are still in Brasil, since we did not want to have the risk of bringing them and brake any la..but also we where not expecting to have such a turn around....if we knew it form beginning, we would never consider Germany as a transfer country!!!
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: German Law
12/19/2017
Lawyer: legal eagle, Attorney replied 2 months ago
legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney

Dear Customer,

do you have any official paperwork why it is denied ?

Hello I have in written form by email reply
Please see the attached email form today. In this emails I am being informed that is not possible to bring our dogs to Germany, as I have explained before.

I am truly sorry I canno help you there

I release the question

Hello, could you please explain me why you can not help me on this? Is the topic our of your specialty? are you transferring to a new specialist in the area?
Because you will not like my answer and rate me accordingly
I am truly sorry .
Good evening.....I am not satisfied with the answer I got.... Actually, there was no answer yet... I know as a fact, there are exceptions to the law and this is exactly what I expected from a expert advice.... Please review the matter or really pass it to an experto in the matter. One of my dogs is fiscally handicapped and has health problems....additionally, it is written in the law that the ban is not a definitive ban and that the local government agency must evaluate this.....in resume... I need expert advice as offered and not this......quite dissapointed
Need expert advise in the analisis of pitbull dog ban law....I know there are 4 different exceptions to he law and like to know wish one is the best to use. Both of my dogs were rescued and one of them has fisical disability by reduced mobility, Heart problems .... I like to know the best official way to protocol this so the ban is eliminated..thank you
legal eagle
legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney