German Law

Have German law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

In Germany, what is the responsbility of a legal manager?

Customer Question
In Germany, what is...

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Bavaria. I work for a U.S firm. I have a manager in Ireland who does my reviews and sets my salary increases or decreases. But my legal manager doesn't

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Full time with a contract working for Germany.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: German Law
11/28/2017
Lawyer: legal eagle, Attorney replied 4 months ago
legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney

Dear Customer,

thank you so much for your questzion

Your rights and responsibilities solely depend on the contents of your employment contract.

The way your salary develops is also a thing that muist habe been agreed upon in your contract, including the conditions of a rise.

Also your relationship to your legal manager must be in your works contract

Any further questions ?

This is not clear enough for me as an answer. My contract is Intel Germany. My manager is in Ireland. She is named in my contract. But I also have a legal manager in Germany. He is not mentioned in my contract. Does a manager in Ireland have the right to sign off any increases I have or decreases if she is not actually recognised as a legal manager in German law? Why do I have a legal manager in Germany, if I have a manager in Ireland?

Dear Customer,

there is no defintion for legal manager in German Law.

It all depends solely on the contents in your employment contract, in what capacity EXACTLY is she namend

If I could see your contract this might clarify things

My contract is with a Germany GMBH. My manager is in the contract. But she is not employed or contracted by our GErmany GMBH. She works in Ireland.

It does not matter whether sh is employed or not or what her contractual relations to your employer are

As long as she is in your conract she matters

Any further questions ?

I would love to help you but would have to see your employment contract

By the way I am an employment law specialist, acknowledged by the bar association

I checked my contract again. My vertrag is with the company's GMBH. There is no manager mentioned. My question is if my contract is with the GMBH, should I my manager be in Germany. And does it mean that they sign off all my work reviews, pay increases and bonuses. Or can a manager who is not in the GMBH and sits in another country can do that?
Dear Customer, it does not matter who the contractual parties are. In German Law it is possible that a third party has the day in certain aspects if that is mentioned in the contractThe place of residence does not matterWhat he can do exactly depends on the exact wording of your contract
Has the say

Without your contract I cannot answer properly

legal eagle
legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney