José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

We're trying to hire someone from Russia She has a tourist

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, we're trying to hire someone from Russia She has a tourist visa (for the Schengen countries) which ends tomorrow However, we offered her a contract and prepare all of her paperwork, and she has an appointment in about 6 weeks, here in Berlin, to apply for a long-term visa for Germany I've been told by the foreign employment offices that she can stay in Berlin, even though her visa expires, until the visa appointment, since she made the appointment while it was still valid. I just want to know if this is true. I don't want her to get banned for not leaving on time. Do you know about this?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: Oh, this is for Germany - sorry, that's what I googled. She officially made the appointment, but I believe the application is only officially filed once she has the appointment - I don't really know.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Just the appointment
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: German Law
Expert:  José M. replied 4 months ago.

Hi

There is no way to hired a Russian as she is in Germany

You must to start the procedure when she is in Russia and she has to recibed your labour offer when she is there

No chance to manage in Germany with a tourist visa

Thanks