How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask hhvgoetz Your Own Question
hhvgoetz, Rechtsanwalt, LL.M.
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 2910
Experience:  LL.M. in International Trade Law (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK)
Type Your German Law Question Here...
hhvgoetz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an Egyptian national. I have a long term EU visa issued

Customer Question

I am an Egyptian national. I have a long term EU visa issued from Romania. According to the below German site, it should be possible to obtain a residency permit in Germany and settle there. I would like to know if you have experience in this area, whether you and help me and if you do how much it would cost.
Thank you very much.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: German Law
Expert:  hhvgoetz replied 1 year ago.


if the Romanian permit is a long term permit according to the European Resident Status Directive of 2003, the holder can just enter Germany and enter register as a resident.

However, there are limitations in obtaining social help such as "Arbeitslosengeld II" if the person just moves to Ermany in order to find a job.


Related German Law Questions