How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legal eagle Your Own Question
legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 16572
Experience:  20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.
Type Your German Law Question Here...
legal eagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My twin brother living in Germany with a registered partner

Customer Question

My twin brother living in Germany with a registered partner died Saturday May 28, 2016. He had no will. He was never married and had no children. Our parents are dead. Does his partner inherit the entire estate or is it shared?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: German Law
Expert:  legal eagle replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for your question .

My condolences.

If the partner is registered the estate is shared. If there is no marriage contract he gets 3/4 and you get 1/4 according to 1931, 1371 of the German Civil Law book. Registered partnership equals marriage .

I hope I was able to help you. Should you have any further questions please be my guest. I shall try to answer them as soon as possible. If i have helped I would very much appreciate getting a positive rating. This is how I get credit for my work . Thank you so much, your business is very valuable to us.

Expert:  legal eagle replied 1 year ago.

Any further questions ?

Be my guest !

Related German Law Questions