How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legal eagle Your Own Question
legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 16548
Experience:  20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.
Type Your German Law Question Here...
legal eagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I contact you concerning the custody of my baby, right now I

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I contact you concerning the custody of my baby
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: right now I have shared custody with my girlfriend for our baby of 1 year old
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: i left germany since 6 months and she asks me to sign the papers in order to have full custody
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: i want to know what are the consequences if I sign the let her have full custody...Can I still visit my baby any time I want? Am I going to lose the contact with him?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: German Law
Expert:  legal eagle replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

custody is only the legal right to act on the child`s behalf without the other parant`s consent.

So if the mother wants to decide for example which school the child will visit or if she decides to move to a different city full custody enables her to do that without the fathr´s consent.

Contact , i.e visiting the child is a whole different matter altogether.

It has nothing to do with custody and losing custody does not affect the right to visit in any way.

Expert:  legal eagle replied 1 year ago.

f I have helped a positive rating would be greatly appreciated

Any further questions please be my guest

Expert:  legal eagle replied 1 year ago.

Any further questions you would like to ask?

Expert:  legal eagle replied 1 year ago.

If I have helped a positive rating gives me credit and is therefore greatlky appreciated

thank you

Expert:  legal eagle replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

a short feedback why you have not rated my answer yet would be greatly appreciated.

Without a positive rating I will not get credit for my work.

Thank you

Related German Law Questions