How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 118220
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
Type Your German Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Please consider following scenario: - Person 'A'

Customer Question

Please consider following scenario:
- Person 'A' lives in USA and works for Company YYY which is a subsidiary of Company XXX located in Germany.
- Person 'A' receives a job offer from Company XXX in Germany and accepts. He resigns from Subsidiary YYY.
- Company XXX files for a German Blue Card for Person 'A'.
- Person 'A' moves to Germany on February 01, 2014. He receives a local employment contract from Company XXX and the German Government issues him a German Blue Card valid till October 2018.
In January 2016, Person 'A' receives a Job offer again from Company YYY in USA. He accepts the offer.
On January 31, 2016, Person 'A' terminates his local employment contract with Company XXX and moves back to USA to work for Company YYY (which is a subsidiary of Company XXX).
Person 'A' now lives in USA but still has to visit Germany's offices of Company XXXQuestion:
Is the German Blue Card still Valid for Person 'A"? Can he use the Blue Card to travel to Germany to visit Company XXX?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: German Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Actually, Company Y must apply for a blue card for Person A if they are coming to Germany to work for Company Y. The company X blue card is no longer valid if person A is not working for Company X when they go to Germany. You have to reapply for a new blue card for the new employer and cannot work for Company Y under the Company X blue card. It is a matter of simply applying for a transfer of the blue card to Company Y and those are generally granted without much of a problem.