How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ronan Your Own Question
Ronan, Attorney
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 2244
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your German Law Question Here...
Ronan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is regarding defamation,I had a resource working due to

Customer Question

This is regarding defamation,I had a resource working for me due to his performance I had to eliminate is contract.After this he started interacting with my superiors and other colleagues and started spreading rumors on me which are damaging my reputation and is becoming threat to my job and I am having a lot of mental trauma can I take steps to safe guard my reputation and send this person a legal notice to stop these allegations
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: German Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.

You can certainly have a solicitor send a letter to him pointing out that he is defaming you and request that he desist in this behaviour. You can also threaten to sue him for defamation in this regard if he doesn't retract his defamation.

If He fails to desist and you have to issue proceedings against him, it is important to remember that even if you are successful in your defamation claim, It may be a Pyrrhic victory if he is not a financial mark

Related German Law Questions