How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DirkBettinger Your Own Question
DirkBettinger, Rechtsanwalt
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 132
Experience:  2. Staatsexamen
Type Your German Law Question Here...
DirkBettinger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need help getting adoption papers from Germany. Dad was

Customer Question

Need help getting adoption papers from Germany. Dad was stationed there in 70's and had to adopt me to come back to states.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: German Law
Expert:  legal eagle replied 1 year ago.

Please give me some details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Robert W Stephens and Macil V Stephens( parents) Duane L Munday was my name. a lawyer in Darmstadt, Germany handled it. It was never sent to Ohio to change my birth certificate and now I need proof of citizenship to renew my TWIC card
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We were there from 72-75
Expert:  legal eagle replied 1 year ago.

Oh I se

So you were adopted in Darmstadt and when was that and do you know the lawyer`s name

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WE were there from 72 to 75, I really don't know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to get number and call the town hall in Darmstadt but no luck.
Expert:  legal eagle replied 1 year ago.

Yes it is going to be difficult and I shall need a power of attorney to be able to act on your behalf. Also we have to talk about my fees.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This isn't what I thought it was, sorry to have wasted your time
Expert:  legal eagle replied 1 year ago.

I a sorry but I would need at least some informations. Also this would mean a lot of work on my part

Related German Law Questions