How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ronan Your Own Question
Ronan, Attorney
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 2244
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your German Law Question Here...
Ronan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Seychellois citizen living in the Netherlands and

Customer Question

I am a Seychellois citizen living in the Netherlands and would like my daugther, living in Germany, to visit my family in Seychelles. The mother is not co-operating. Do I have the right to take my daugther for a holiday to Seychelles?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: German Law
Expert:  Ronan replied 1 year ago.

If you try to bring your daughter to the Seychelles, without her mother's consent who is a guardian, this would amount to a criminal offence of child abduction. Your daughter would be brought back to the Netherlands under the the terms of the Hague Convention and you would most likely be charged.

I would suggest you make an application to the German courts seeking an order allowing you to bring her the Seychelles for a specific holiday period

Related German Law Questions