How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legal eagle Your Own Question
legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 16692
Experience:  20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.
Type Your German Law Question Here...
legal eagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex-husband used my name 20 yrs. ago for the business and

This answer was rated:

My ex-husband used my name 20 yrs. ago for the business and it went bankrupt .I have another family name now thru my new husband but one company or bank is still asking for money which i don't have.Is it still possible to apply for a private bankruptcy?.Please advice if what will i do i don't have any documents at all from all my debts which i did not do?
Dear Customer,

thank you for using Just Answer.

May I ask:

Do they have a deed against you which can be executed ( Vollstreckungstitel) or did you have something notarized ?

Because if not there is a statute of limitation
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The inkasso wrote the lawyer that i signed the vollstreckung which i don't remember because as i've seen in my passport i was not in germany at the time my ex borrowed money from the bank means falsch signature in my name it was imitated so i don't know if it is me who signed the vollstreckung titel and the bank ignored that i am not in germany when the my x borrowed money.Can i still apply for private bankruptcy?


Dear Customer,

first of all I would advice you to make sure that there is indeed a Vollstreckungstitel in your name

If there is you are indeed eligible for private bankruptcy

It is called Verbraucherinsolvenz here.

I would recommend to to to a Schuldnerberatung , but not a private one as this costs money but somewhere like Caritas or Diakonie

They are going to help you go through the whole bankruptcy procedure

I hope I was able to help

Have you got any further questions

Please feel free to ask

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The Bank offered me to pay 20 thousand euro i don't have that.Actually what i know before that my x can get money from the bank worth 150 thousand D-mark to pay all his business bills but at the end of the month he give his income to the bank which is 150 thousand D-mark until it went bankrupt.What i don't understand is supposed to be we don't have debts anymore because after the bankruptcy they took the 150 thousand plus our bausparkasse wert papier worth 80 thousand.So why i still owe them?like 48 thousand euro and now offered me 20 thousand euro.Do i have to go to Amstgericht to get all my records?

Dear Customer,

maybe there is still a rest you have not paid and it added up because of all the interest

There is one thing you have to know , though

There is a statute of limitation on interests which is three years regardless of a Vollstreckungstitel

So they can only claim the interest from 2010 on, and nothing more

It is best to have al Schuldnerberater have a look at all the paperwork but this is probably the cause why the debts have mounted so high
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much for your help and wish you have a nice weekend

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX to you

If I have helped I would be very thankful for a positive rating because this is how the expert gets credit

Thank you so much
legal eagle and other German Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related German Law Questions