German Law

Have German Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

German Law

A divorce settlement agreement that was partly fulfilled and

Customer Question
signed by both parties in...
A divorce settlement agreement that was partly fulfilled and signed by both parties in 2007; is it still valid for purposes of finalising divorce in 2013?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: German Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/5/2013
Lawyer: legal eagle, Attorney replied 4 years ago
legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Dear Customer,

thank you so much for using Just Answer.

May I ask:

Was the settlement notarized or did you settle in court?

It was signed in the attorney's office and notarized

Dear Customer,

thank you for your reply.

Yes it is still valid, unless it has already been fulfilled of course

There is a statute of limitation of 30 years because it is a notarized deed.

Have you got any further questions concerning the divorce settlement?

Please be my guest

The settlement total was 15 000euros of which I received 10 000 and the remaining 5000 was to be paid on finalization of divorce. The remaining 5000 is now being disputed and I am told by my husband that I have no claim and he wants to finalize the divorce without paying the balance. We were married in South Africa, came to Ireland, he returned to SA ( is currently living there ) and I am in Ireland.

Dear Customer,

I am afraid you have the wrong expert

I am for German Law only
DirkBettinger
DirkBettinger
DirkBettinger, Rechtsanwalt