How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legal eagle Your Own Question
legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 16845
Experience:  20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.
Type Your German Law Question Here...
legal eagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is a US citizen..she married a german man,they

This answer was rated:

My daughter is a US citizen..she married a german man,they were married in Germany..and she now has a 15 month old son,and another child on the way...She is having terrible medical problems dealing with abdominal pain. The pain is so bad that she has been to the hospital 2 - 3 Xs,alot of testing,however because she is pregnant there are alot of tests they cannot run... They gave her medicine that makes it very difficult for her to be able to watch her son the way she feels thar she needs to. She is also not able to pick him up or play with him the way she feels that she needs to.Her husbands parents live in Germany but,are being very difficult and borderline mean to her. They bitch about having to watch him so much and do not help her as much as she needs to be ... She wants to come home where she can relax and I can watch her son and help her all that she needs. She has been told that she cannot bring her son.. Both by her husband and his father has made comments threatening her. Her husband is a waste..but his parents she is afraid of.. It would kill her if they had any chance to take him... She will not leave Germany and get the help she needs ,she is so afraid... Can she bring him to the U.S.with her? PLEASE HELP ME >> IT IS EATING ME UP TO LISTEN TO HER SO AFRAID AND SICK ,AND NOT BE ABLE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT......
Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for using Just Answer

As your daughter and her husband have joint custody she has to have the child' s father's consent if she wants to take the child to the US with her

Otherwise she could face serious trouble and the son could be brought back to Germany according to the The Hague treaty for the protection of minors.

She has to seek help and get someone to help her watch the child or she decides to separate and file for the father' s consent that the child can be taken to the US

I am very sorry to be the bearer of such news

Have you got any more questions?

Please be my guest
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

She cannot get help with him...Her husband is a addicted Gambler and is going to rehab right now.He has lost his job and is not looking ,so,they have nooo money...His parents are paying for everything right now..but,they will not pay for childcare....She does not know WHAT to do.....Do the G.parents (his parents) have any right to tell her she cannot bring him.She is TERRIFIED of them...?

Dear Customer,

thanks for replying

This sounds horrible, like out of these old Grimm fairytales

The grandparents have no right whatsoever but the father has, even if he is in rehab

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

She will be leaving him I am sure ,but, she has been warned by his parents that she will never leave with the son... She is petrified to even separate....she is so afraid that they will try to take himaway from her... It is VERY sad and it IS a nightmare. If she separates from him,will she have to stay in Germany... I'm sure that is another one of her fears..they will obviously stop all funds to her.. She talks some German ,but, she has nowhere to go and NOOOO money...It is very hard for me to watch all this happen to my child and god help us,she is 4 months pregnant.

Dear Customer,

if they threaten her in any way she can go to the police

If she files for sole custody and he is in rehab and therefore cannot be relied upon and she is the ome whonhas taken care of the kids no court is going to stand in her way if she wants to return to the US

Of course she needs a good lawyer , a family law specialist, Fachanwalt für Familienrecht to fight for her

I hope I was able to provide you with some useful information

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This is such a mess... Are you ready for this one....his father Is the jaw...He is some big shot..head of some dept. of the Ludwigshafen P.D. Which I am sure that also scares the heck out of her....It just keeps getting better and better ,,Huh

dear Customer,

the legalnsystem does not make any difference

If he is employed by the state there is no way he has no money

He gets paid even when he s sick and does not work
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Oh I am sorry I did not make it clear ,her husbands father..the grandfather,,(who she is scared of) has been with the P.D. something like 24 years...Not her husband in rehab

oh I see

in his position he should know not to threaten people
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well I know but ya know my daughters husband learned his behavior towards woman somewhere.......and they usually learn it from there fathers...yes?

dear Customer,

yes, that is right
legal eagle and other German Law Specialists are ready to help you
Dear Customer,

do you have any more questions?

Please be my guest

If not I would really appreciate getting a positive feedback because this is how I get credit for my work

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry.. I have been having some computer issues and it keeps going you ever sleep..You have been working very hard..Yes ??? I guess I am asking you if there is ANY scenario that would allow her to try and get permission to come home for awhile and bring her son..Is there any law that she could possibly get an order from a judge or something that would allow her to come home temporarily until she feels better or is able to see HER physician here...There has to be some way....she is sick with no help...

Dear Customer,

Yes I am working very hard that is right

As long as your daughter and her husband are not separated custody can only be joint

So there is no way around getting the husband 's permission

Perhaps they have s Common friend who could talk to him and find a way to make sure that she is coming back
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

As you can see, this weighs very heavy on me. I can not sleep well,and I am not normally a worry wart, but, this just shakes me to the core..I am sick about it,, I am not use to not being able to fix things. I don't like it .....Well ,have a GREAT DAY,, Respectfully,

Dear Customer,

do not worry

Your daughter would not want you to worry so much

I am sure everything will wotk out fine

Perhaps you could come over here and see her

That would alleviate things

All my best wishes