DirkBettinger
DirkBettinger, Rechtsanwalt
Experience:  2. Staatsexamen
31778273

What are the laws surrounding Refer-A-Friend programs in the

Customer Question

What are the laws surrounding Refer-A-Friend programs in the European Union for ecommerce companies? Most specifically: Are companies allowed to incentivize their customers for getting a friend to buy? Are certain incentives taxed (like would $10 in store credit be considered income)? Are companies allowed to set up peer 2 peer email sharing without permission from the receiving party (i.e., email your friends this deal...enter your email and their email...the email comes from you through company server)?
Category: German Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I will wait. Thanks!

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Regards,
Wendy
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting for the right professional to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No problem. It doesn't have to be Germany. Any EU lawyer should know. Thx
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Your question is open to all German and EU lawyers.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Fran - is there any headway? If not I'd like to cancel this request and start looking elsewhere. Thanks!

Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry but we have exhausted our efforts. I will cancel your request per your instuctions.