How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legal eagle Your Own Question
legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 16765
Experience:  20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.
Type Your German Law Question Here...
legal eagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I inherited some property in Germany. I hired a German relative

This answer was rated:

I inherited some property in Germany. I hired a German relative to sell the property for me with a power of attorney and paid him for his services. He is withholding the final payment because he does not agree with my handling of the money over here in the States. How can I get him to send the rest of the money and close out the accounts over there?

Dear Customer, thank you so much for using Just Answer My name isXXXXX and I am happy to assist you. May I ask; Is the relative by any chance an attorney by profession ?

Dear Customer,

if the answer is yes it woukd be easy just to inform the bar association.

If the answer is no you will have to sue him for the money.

As I expect the sumof money to be more than 5,000 Euro you have to sue before the district court where an attorney is mandatory.

Before suing you have to write to him , and set a certain date by which you expect the money.

It has to be a certain date, for example May 1.

This has something to do with the costs of the lawsuit.

Because writing to him beforehand and setting a fixed date prevents you from having to pay the costs should he recognize your claim

I hope I was able to help

My goal is to give you a satisfactory answer, so if you are not satisfied please to not hesitate to ask
Fear Customrr,

Can I assist you further?

If you are satisfied with my answer I would very much appreciate your clicking on a happy face because this is how I get credit for my work

Thank you
legal eagle and other German Law Specialists are ready to help you