How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legal eagle Your Own Question
legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 16768
Experience:  20 years of experience in all kinds of law, especially employment law and family law.
Type Your German Law Question Here...
legal eagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I worked in Germany under German contract. My wife

This answer was rated:

My wife and I worked in Germany under German contract. My wife 7 years and I worked for 12 years. Are we entitled to german Social Security/ My wife is 65 and I will be 65 in April 2014.
Dear Customer,

thank you so much for using Just Answer.

Yes I think you are entitled to German pension

In order to be eligible for getting some pension out of the German social security you have to work for 5 years minimum

As you have worked for more than that you should get a small pension from Deutsche Rentenversicherung in Berlin.

I hope I was able to help

If so I would very much appreciate positive feedback

But of course you are welcome to ask further questions

legal eagle and other German Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for the information. What kind of information do you need from my wife so that she can start collecting German Social Security?


Once you have the neccessary information, can you process and submit the required documents to Deutsch Rentenversicherung in Berlin for my wife?


Looking forward to your response.


Jim Vojack