How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask hhvgoetz Your Own Question
hhvgoetz, Rechtsanwalt, LL.M.
Category: German Law
Satisfied Customers: 2899
Experience:  LL.M. in International Trade Law (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK)
Type Your German Law Question Here...
hhvgoetz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been sued in a Munich court over a business dispute.

This answer was rated:

I have been sued in a Munich court over a business dispute. The case will be heard in two days (Wednesday Feb. 27). I cannot pay a lawyer to represent me. After the case is lost because I cannot contest it, is it possible to file an appeal when I can afford the lawyer?



You will receive a judgment in absence (Versäumnisurteil).

You can appeal to it within 2 weeks after receiving the judgment.

When you live abroad, it can take quite a few months until you will get notice.



Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. So the 2 week period is AFTER I receive the notice by mail, and not 2 weeks from the judgement?

hhvgoetz and other German Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related German Law Questions