German Law

Have German Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

German Law

to whom it may concern,Preferred Guest Resort has talked

to whom it may concern, 'Preferred...
to whom it may concern,

'Preferred Guest Resort' has talked me into sign up for their holiday programme.
In Germany there is always the chance to step out of such a contract. What can I do about this one? thanking you in anticipation Helmut Weiss
11/10/2012
Fran-mod
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

I keep getting offers on the internet - usually I am intrigued by the offers of winning a car (which I would like to give to my daughter) - however no luck so far.

So

'Preferred Guest Resort' sounded quite reasonable with quite a number of vouchers for hotels etc. The whole offer was read to me twice - rather late in the evening, sounding quite good.

The next day - November 9 - I managed to re-read the whole thing, realizing this was not the kind of holiday we would normally bookI.

I tried to tell the agents on the phone I would need time to think it over - their answer was I would be sent all the vouchers etc - and they asked me to to have 898 dolllars charged on my credit card. - (sorry for the changing writing - I do not know how to get back to normal writing) -

Please let me know how to get out of this deal and how to get my money back Thank you Helmut Weiss

Hi Helmut, So I can make sure that the correct professionals can your question, can you tell me the country where this company is located? Their law will define your possible remedies.

Presently your question is sitting in German Law.

HI,

here is the address as given on my guarantee

Preferred Guest Resort

XXXXX/p>

Winter Park, Fl 32789.

Thank you

Helmut Weiss

Laendlestr 27

78315 Radolfzell Germany, on Nov 10, at 22:56 local atime

Wendy-Mod
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question.

We appreciate your understanding!
Wendy
legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
Dear Customer,

I am a German Law expert

I need to ask you a few more questions as I am not sure whether German Law is applicable

Who talked you into that deal ?

Were you in Germany at the time ?

Did it happen over the phone ?

on Nov. 8, rather late in the evening, I found a note on my PCscreen congratulations on winning several thousand dollars.

It sounded intriguing so I contacted the number suggested by phone Preferred Guest Resort was spoken for by Ms Amber Martin, reading off all the details then she asked me to contact another number so Ms Mary Dixon re-read the whole lot. They promised to mail all the details to my German address at Laendlestr 27, 78315 Radolfzell. And the asked for payment of 898 Dollars by credti card. I told them I would need some time to discuss it with the family. I was using my own phone at Radolfzell but they told me they were paying for the call.

I wonder if you can find a way for me to get out of this deal and get my money back.

In Germany their would have been thje possibility to cancel such a contract made by phone.

Dear Customer,

did you already pay them money via your credit card ?

Kann ich Ihnen auch in Deutsch schreiben ?

Sehr geehrte Frau Schiessl,

leider habe ich das Geld bereits mit Master-Card bezahlt. Die Damen sagten mir es wären € 700,--. Ich habe bereits bei 'master card' (adac kasrte bei LBB) versucht gegen die Abbuchung zu protestieren - das Büro war wohl übers Wochenende nicht besetzt.

Mit freundlichem Gruß Helmut Weiß

Sehr geehrter Ratsuchender,

vielen Dank XXXXX XXXXX Nachtrag

Da Sie als Verbraucher Ihren Wohnsitz in Deutschland haben, haben Sie nach deutschem Recht die Möglichkeit, den Vertrag zu widerrufen.

Dies muss binnen 14 Tagen in Textform geschehen.

Es handelt sich um ein Fernabsatzgeschäft, so dass Sie ein Widerrufsrecht haben

Das ist nicht das Problem

Das Problem ist vielmehr, wie Sie Ihr Geld zurück bekommen.

Sie können dies unter bestimmten Voraussetzungen zurückbuchen lassen

Ich würde Ihnen empfehlen, sich hier unverzüglich mit dem Kreditkarteninstitut in Verbindung zu setzen

Sehr geehrte Frau Schiessl,

herzlichen Dank für Ihre Hinweise. Mit freundlichem Gruß Ihr Helmut Weiß

Sehr geehrter Ratsuchender,

viel Glück und alles Gute

Bitte kurz auf den lachenden Smilie klicken, so wird der Experte bezahlt

danke
legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney
legal eagle
legal eagle
legal eagle, Attorney