General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

On the recycling it said no garbage or trash,plastic bags…

Customer Question
On the recycling it...

On the recycling it said no garbage or trash,plastic bags were do we put these things

Expert's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Hamburg ny

Expert's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have [put other things that the sheet says in a large plastic garbage bags

Expert's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No I tread the sheet what can irecycle and I am confused

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: General
5/2/2018
Expert: Michael, Librarian replied 2 months ago
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Can understand the confusion as it looks like changes are made in terms of pickup for trash and recycling. Below is the latest information on what is to be done for when trash is to be picked up. As reported by the city, "Recyclable items must be placed in the recycling tote with the yellow lid closed tight."

"All regular trash and non-recyclables must be in clear plastic bags and must be placed in the green lid garbage tote with the LID CLOSED TIGHT. No bags will be picked up if the contents are not clearly visible. 150Ib. maximum weight limit per tote: all trash, recyclables and yard waste must be out by 7:00 a.m. on yotrr collection day. Collection delayed 1 day after Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day. Recyclable items must be placed in the recycling tote with the yellow lid closed tight. These items include: large mouth snap lid plastic containers, CD cases, "clamshell" style containers, pizza boxes, metal cookware, paper, milk and juice cartons, all colors of glass."

http://www.villagehamburg.com/vertical/sites/%7B9527545F-C617-472A-B743-5D4E3EA56F04%7D/uploads/Updated_Garbage_and_Recycle_Flyer.pdf

I hope that the information provided has been found helpful. Also if you could please take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful.

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Take care,

Librarian Michael