General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

There were 6 friends who agreed to try a new restaurant.

Customer Question
There were 6 friends...

There were 6 friends who agreed to try a new restaurant. “Lisa” set up the date and time via text. We agreed individually by responding in a group text. The morning of the brunch, Lisa sends a message to the group asking if we would mind pushing back the time 1 hour. She wanted to include another couple who couldn’t make the original 1PM time. I felt that it was inappropriate to ask and responded that I was not willing to come later at 2PM. Another couple also declined. Lisa is angry and said “it was only an hour” and that we are unreasonable and not being inclusive and we really had no other plans that day, so what was the issue?

Expert's Assistant: The Etiquette Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Etiquette Expert should know?

I’m second guessing myself. Is it ok to change times of a lunch date for a group on the same day?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: General
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/29/2018
Expert: Ameen Khan, Expert replied 4 months ago
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Expert

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Following up to see if you still need assistance.

You never answered my question. I’ll be calling to see if I can get my $ back.

Apologies on the miscommunication: My answer is:

In conformity of the group, it is best to accommodate and try to push back any other plans if possible. If indeed you had to urgent plans that day then its best you should accept the new timing in my opinion. As for the issue, Lisa considers one hour to be not a great deal of loss in time as everyone had agreed to the day, the place and the time initially - as everyone would have eventually met and stayed for that extra hour, it should have been fine.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions. Thanks