General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

What would you do in the following hypothetical situation:

It's the first day in...
What would you do in the following hypothetical situation: It's the first day in a new job. On day one, they tell you that you are responsible to audit 24 months worth of information on each and every chart. (There are a total of about 60 charts total) Because the company is expected to get audited themselves any day from the first day on the job (today) thru May 31, 2018, and you are responsible that everything goes smoothly. Additionally, you don't have the energy to hustle because you hustled every day and every month for 11 years at your previous place of employment, and you're burned out already. Yet you can't afford to quit at this time either. Thank you.
3/28/2018
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Good afternoon,

Common issue with workers asked to do more in their job duties while not able to have the energy to continue.

Being responsible is something that the company feels that you have the skills and talents to handle the project and have it ready and completed on-time and correct. Since though energy is limited because of the hard work being put in each day that since you are in charge that speaking to a supervisor to see if additional help can be offered. Mention that teamwork is key in the job environment and that you would like assistance from a few co-workers that can help move the project along. This will not show that you cannot do the job as just asking for assistance and to explain teamwork can help get the project ready for audit when asked.

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Something I neglected to mention in the hypothetical situation is that this all started because the previous worker left the work that way for whatever reason. Thank you.

Does not change the situation I believe that explaining to a supervisor that issues with the previous employee is causing additional help that you are requesting. Explain that the work involved requires teamwork and assistance from a few co-workers that can help correct and have ready the materials for the audit in the near future.

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian