General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

For how many hours or time is a natural juice good for

without losing its properties, vitamins...
For how many hours or time is a natural juice good for without losing its properties, vitamins and benefits? this question is for human health
3/28/2018
Sarah
Sarah, Teacher

Good afternoon and welcome to justanswer.com. I would be happy to help you with your question today. Natural juices have many nutrients, such as plant-purified water, vitamins, enzymes, minerals, proteins, fiber, carbohydrates, phyto-nutrients (carotene, lycopene, etc), chlorophyll, and lipids. When you juice fresh fruits and vegetables, the cell walls break open, providing you with all of these nutrients. However, many of the nutrients are sensitive to air, heat, and/or light and time will cause their degeneration. Best practice to is to drink natural juice as soon as possible after juicing it. If you are going to store your juice, you want to use a juicer that minimally oxidizes the juice as it is being produced. Ideally, you want a juicer that runs on a low RPM, such as a twin gear juicer. A single auger juicer is also a good option. One of the best twin gear juicers is the Green Star Elite Juicer, although these are fairly expensive. An option that is a little less expensive is the Samson Juices (a single auger). The best way to store juice is in an air-free environment. Air is one of the primary factors that will cause degradation of the juice. When you pour your juice into your storage container, be sure to fill it to the very top in order to minimize the air that is contained inside the container along with the juice. The most ideal option is to actually use a vacuum sealing device. Some people like to use a food saver appliance with the mason jar sealer and store their juice in mason jars. Always store your juice in the refrigerator. It is best not to store natural juice for more than 24 hours. (It is most ideal to drink it right after juicing it to get the most benefit from the juice.) If you need to store it longer than 24 hours, a good option is to freeze it and then thaw it when you're ready to drink it, as this will help maintain the integrity of the nutrients.

I hope that I have answered your question and provided you with useful information. If you are satisfied with my customer service, please take a moment to provide a positive rating. If you need further assistance, please let me know. Thank you so much! Have a wonderful evening. Sarah

Sarah
Sarah, Teacher