General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

What does zinc alum look like? Can you detect it?

3/26/2018
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good evening,

Went ahead to locate pictures of what zinc alum looks like as posted in the link below:

http://www.belmontmetals.com/product-category/zinc-alloys/

In terms of detection, it seems from the information in the link below that it can be done although a bit difficult

http://www.metaldetectorsinc.com/FAQRetrieve.aspx?ID=47324

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Michael

I believe it can look like the picture you have posted as below is a link of the properties of this type of steel

https://www.metcoat.com/corrosion-resistant-coatings.htm

Take care,

Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian