General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Does it matter if I wait a few days before turning myself…

Customer Question
Does it matter if I...
Does it matter if I wait a few days before turning myself in......just happened hours ago
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: General
3/25/2018
Expert: Zoey, JD, Lawyer, Editor, Former teacher replied 3 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer, Editor, Former teacher

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

It is always better to turn yourself in sooner rather than later when there is a warrant out for your arrest. The sooner you return, the better the chances that the judge will let you remain at liberty while fighting the case or set reasonable bail in an amount you can make.

The later you return, on the other hand, the more chance you give the authorities to find you and to arrest you. It is always better to come to criminal court voluntarily through the front door than to be brought in in cuffs through the side door.

Is there a specific time frame within which you have to comply? Nope. Some people avoid warrants for many years and never get caught. But states have ways to get your attention if you do that, such as the suspension of your driver's license.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.