General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

I hope that you can help me. I have 2 wax statutes that have…

Customer Question
Hello, I hope that...

Hello, I hope that you can help me. I have 2 wax statutes that have broken apart. The head came off as well as arms and legs. How can I fix them

Expert's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.

My email is ************@*****.***

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?

I have two wax statutes that need to be repaired. The heads, arms, and legs are detached. Pleass send me an email to ************@*****.***. Thank you

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: General
Answered in 2 days by:
3/27/2018
Expert: Susan Markel, Teacher replied 27 days ago
Susan Markel
Susan Markel, Teacher
Hi! My name is***** you for choosing JustAnswer! I can help with this. Please give me just a moment to compile the information that you need.
Wax adhesives can be purchased at specialty hobby stores such as Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc. This would be one of your best options. Another best option would be to purchase wax, like candle wax, at one of these stores to melt and use it to stick the pieces back together. Low temperature hot glue (hot glue gun and sticks - NOT the industrial hot glue gun) would work, but you would have to be very careful so as not to have the glue squish out of the pieces you were putting back together. Gorilla glue is another option. It will stick to anything! Again, you would have to be careful with the amount that you used so as not to have it squish out of the pieces that you are putting together. A last resort would be to submerge your entire piece in very hot water and use gloves to work the pieces back together. This is NOT a great option. It is only a last resort as it could cause disfiguration in the pieces. You could also try to find an artist that works with wax in your area. I hope that this is the quality answer that you were seeking. If so, please remember to rate the answer positively. If not, please let me know how else I can help.
Expert: Susan Markel, Teacher replied 26 days ago
Hello! I wanted to check in with you and make sure that you had been able to get your pieces fixed.
Susan Markel
Susan Markel
Susan Markel, Teacher