General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

This question Teacher, could you please give me a list of…

This question Sara Teacher, Hi Sarah...
This question Sara Teacher,
Hi Sarah could you please give me a list of endocrinologist that seem to be the best ones in chicago? You could look at reviews, years of experience and certifications and also that are not very expensive, no more than 300 dollars per consultation.
Thank you!
sorry ***is for Sarah Teacher
3/23/2018
Lindie-mod
I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. Thank you for your patience.
Best,
Lindie
Sarah
Sarah, Teacher

Thank you for the request. I will look into this for you, as well as your other request and get back to you. It may take a couple of days; I'll try to be faster if possible. Could you please also ask your partner to rate those two other requests from a while ago regarding the New York and Chicago hotel markets? They are timing out because it's been so long and I can't get compensation for my work on those unless he accepts the answer and provides a rating. Thank you so much. I'll get back to you about this soon. Sarah

Sure. Sorry sometimes they take a while. They always rate it though. By tomorrow for sure!

Ok, no problem. Thank you. I'll get back to you about your request. Have a good day! Sarah

Good evening. I just wanted to let you know that I have not forgotten about this request. I am working on it, but it is not possible for me to know the cost of a consultation without calling and I can't call on the weekend so I will need to wait until Monday to keep working on this. I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank you for your patience. Sarah

Ok, sorry for the delay on this question. It was a difficult one; when researching endocrinologists, some of the most reputable turned out to be professors of endocrinology who are not actively seeing patients. Some had horrible reviews and so I didn't even look into them too deeply. Of the good ones who are currently accepting new patients, there are only two who have consultations for under $300 (first two on the list). I did include some others who are more expensive just in case.

Dr. Paul Ruestow

Advocate Medical Group

(###) ###-####/p>

https://doctors.advocatehealth.com/a/paul-ruestow-chicago-endocrinology-4?_ga=2.161103421.1439805319.1522097288-583049156.1521837648

$100-$250 depending on patient's specific needs

Dr. Sophia Garcia-Buder

Lakeview Endocrinology & Diabetes Consultants

(###) ###-####/a>

No website

Cost of consultation can vary depending on specific needs. Minimum is $250.00.

Dr. Irene Mulla

Chicago Health Medical Group

(###) ###-####/p>

http://chicagohealthmedicalgroup.com/search-locations-and-appointments/irena-mulla/

**Was not able to find out cost of consultation. Receptionist did not know prices. She said it depends on specifically what the patient comes in for and the price is determined once a diagnosis is made. That doesn't make sense to me, but that's all the information I could get from her. . .

Dr. Carol L Touma

Northwestern Medicine Primary and Specialty Care

(###) ###-####/a>

$500.00 deposit for self-pay customers

Dr. Lisa M Neff

Northwestern Medicine Center for Lifestyles Medicine

(###) ###-####/a>

**Was not able to find out cost of consultation. Receptionist did not know prices. Suggested I talk to someone in the financial office but when I was transferred the phone just kept ringing. Tried more than once. Sorry! Included her on the list in case you want to look into it further. (I am guessing cost is similar to Northwestern Medicine Primary and Specialty Care above because they are both part of same medical group)

Dr. Marla S. Barkoff, Integrative Endocrinology

http://www.integrativeendo.com/for-patients/

Consultation is more than you want to pay, but put her on the list because she is experienced and very thorough. The initial consultation takes approx. 2 hours and is $575 ($300 due at time appt is made; $275 due when you come in for appt)

Again, I apologize for the delay in getting this information to you. I had to do some extra digging and phone calls to get this info, so it took a little longer than usual. The first endocrinologist has a great reputation and is by far the least expensive, so hopefully he will meet your needs. If you are satisfied with my customer service, please take a moment to provide a positive rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. Thank you and have a wonderful day! Sarah

Good morning. I just wanted to check in with you since it has been a couple of days since I answered this request. If you need something further, please let me know. If not, please take a moment to rate my service. Thank you so much! Have a wonderful day! Sarah

Sarah
Sarah, Teacher
Hi Sarah, only dr Paul, Carol, Lisa and Marla are close to me in chicago, the other two aren't. I was wondering if you have some more options... Thank you!

I'll see if I can find some other options, but it is proving difficult to find someone with a consultation under $300. Paul was the least expensive option I could find, at least the first time around. Let me take another look and I'll get back to you. Sarah

We can have a limit of 350 dollars, does it help?

Perhaps. I have found a few more endocrinologists in Chicago but will need to wait until I have a break to be able to try calling their offices regarding consultation cost. I will get back to you later today. Sarah

Since I don't know the Chicago area, I'm not sure if these are close to your location or not, but this is all I could find. The rest of the endocrinologists that came up in my search were either professors (not seeing patients), or they specialized in either reproductive endocrinology or pediatric endocrinology:

Dr. Jayshree Dahli

Swedish Covenant Medical Group

(Part of Swedish Covenant Hospital)

5145 N California Ave

Chicago, IL 60625

(773)(###) ###-####/a>

no website

The cost of the consultation runs between $200-500 depending on what specifically the patient needs to be seen for and how extensive the consultation is. However, if you pay in cash, you get 50% off of the consultation fee.

Dr. Peter A. Kopf

Dr. Eve D. Bloomgarden

Northwestern Medical Group

Galter Pavilion

***** Clair Street

Ste 14-100

Chicago, IL 60611

(###) ###-####/a>

*There is not a set cost for a consultation. A consultation with an endocrinologist requires a $500 deposit and then if the actual charge is less, they will refund it. If it is more, you will be billed.

Dr. Jelena Kravarusic

Dr. Arlene Uy

Mercy Hospital and Medical Center

233 E Erie

Suite 702

Chicago, IL 60611

(###) ###-####- you will need to choose the option for "central scheduler" and then ask to be connected to the location where these doctors are at

https://www.mercy-chicago.org/

** I was not able to find out the cost of a consultation. The central scheduler did not know costs and I was not able to speak to a live person when I was transferred; only got voicemail.

I'm sorry that I could not find more options for you. It appears Dr. Paul Ruestow at Advocate Medical Group is still the least inexpensive option, but it's hard to tell because most places do not have a set cost; it is all dependent of the specifics of the consultation. Most places suggested that the patient call in to the office themselves to inquire. Hopefully one of the doctors will end up working out for you. Sarah