General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

I`m trying to book a flight from rio de janeiro to chicago…

I`m trying to book a...
I`m trying to book a flight from rio de janeiro to chicago however prices are too high, is there any way that the prices could be cheaper? possibly I could travel to a different city and take a short flight within the country. I expect to leave rio de janeiro between march 31 and april 3.
3/22/2018
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst

Welcome to our site and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.

The cheapest flight (with 2 stops) is at $1563 with few tickets left. There are several options at $1571. Is that more in the price range you are looking for?

I have found a ticket from RIO to CHICAGO with 2 stops, one in sao paulo and the second one in canada, for about 830 dollars on april 2nd. Maybe you searched for round ticket, i`m searching for one way tickets

Yes, if you fly on 4/1, 4/2, or 4/3 the one-way prices are lower. However the $831 is the lowest I could find anywhere.

Travelocity offers a special if you book a round-trip flight plus a selected hotel, they refund the price of the flight. Here is the round-trip from Rio to Chicago 4/2 and returning 4/9.

https://www.travelocity.com/Hotel-Search?packageType=fh&c=5540a63d-5eef-4acf-8b1f-4d358063a7bf&ttla=ORD&ftla=GIG&origin=Rio+de+Janeiro,+Brazil+(GIG-Galeao+-+Antonio+Carlos+Jobim+Intl.)&destination=Chicago+(and+vicinity),+Illinois,+United+States+of+America&startDate=4/2/2018&endDate=4/9/2018&checkInDate=4/2/2018&checkOutDate=4/9/2018&adults=1&infantsInSeats=1&cabinClass=e&regionId=178248&selected=23481&sort=price

Here's another one-way flight:

https://www.cheapoair.com/fpnext/Air/Listing/s/2/su/49a83a50-344a-4f5a-ae09-f583f5a19580

At this point I justs don't believe you are going to find anything cheaper.

A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst