General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

I have tried to reset a new 3 digit combination lock of an…

Customer Question
I have tried to...

I have tried to reset a new 3 digit combination lock of an old Oyster suitcase following the instructions. Unfortunately now I cannot open the suitcase both with the old (000) or the new combination lock. What can I do to open the suitcase

Expert's Assistant: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?

NO

Expert's Assistant: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?

You may use either my emaIl address:***@******.*** to the following telephone numbers:

Expert's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Numbers: 39-02-2043361 or: 39-335-422312

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: General
3/18/2018
Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 5 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

Unfortunately those type of locks require some time and patience to open. The only way to do that is to start at 000 and try every combination up to 999. Depending on the type of lock you may be able to scroll through quickly by pressing the latch to the open position and holding it there while scrolling through the numbers. If that doesn't work you will need to slow down and change each number 1 at a time while trying to unlatch it. If you are lucky you can do this within a couple hundred numbers instead of all 1000

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 months ago

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on March 18, 2018 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

I do apologize for these continuing follow-up messages, however since this question remains open and will only close out once the rating portion has been completed by you. Please assist me by taking a few moments to fulfill the rating requirement and this will satisfy the system.

Thank you so much, I sincerely ***** *****

Best,

Dave

Expert: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

Greetings...

I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been rated yet. If you could take a couple of moments and complete the 5 Star Rating which will close out the question I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave