General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Which one of these protein bars seem to be the best tasting…

Which one of these protein...
Which one of these protein bars seem to be the best tasting ones according to reviews ?
3/17/2018
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good morning,

In terms of the best tasting protein bars on the market today according to reviews:

1. Bon Appetit Magazine reviews 5 that taste best

https://www.bonappetit.com/story/protein-bars-healthy-taste-good

2. LiveStrong lists 7

https://www.livestrong.com/slideshow/1011743-7-protein-bars-3-avoid/

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Hi Michael. I am limited to a certain amount of fat. I have found three that seem to fit my needs the best as far as the macronutrients go. Could you please search for each one of these three to see which one and what flavors seem to be the best tasting ones?
https://www.amazon.com/Quest-Nutrition-Protein-Chocolate-Cookie/dp/B0057RWSZQ/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1520972350&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=protein%2Bbars%2Blow%2Bfat&th=1https://www.amazon.com/MusclePharm-Combat-Protein-Multi-Layered-Chocolate/dp/B00MPR5PA6/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1520972350&sr=1-3-spons&keywords=protein%2Bbars%2Blow%2Bfat&th=1https://www.amazon.com/CLIF-BUILDERS-Protein-Vanilla-Non-GMO/dp/B000Q5XO4S/ref=sr_1_19_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1520970663&sr=8-19&keywords=low%2Bfat%2Bprotein%2Bbars&th=1

Thank you for the additional information. As for taste tests:

1. Quest Chocolate Brownie:

If you like chocolate then this is a good bar. Very good warmed in the microwave.

2. MusclePharm Combat Crunch Protein Bar:

Chocolate flavor as some agree it is a decent bar although some bars feel soft while others feel stiff. Quality control could be an issue.

3. CLIF BUILDER'S - Protein Bar - Vanilla Almond:

Good taste although reviews feel that other flavors in the collection are better.

From what I can research, the first choice would be the first one to try. I would though buy one bar of each to see if you like the taste and texture as each person will have a different feeling toward liking or not.

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Hi Michael. Which chocolate flavor for the combate crunch? There are a few

Of the many that they make, look for MusclePharm Chocolate Coconut and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Both get good taste reviews from those that have tried them. If not interested in Chocolate, look at a highly rated bar which is the Cinnamon Twist.

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian