General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

What is the difference between a visa photo and a passport…

What is the difference between...
What is the difference between a visa photo and a passport photo.
I just went to a place to get a visa photo but they say their camera only does passport photos
Yet the size spec is the same 2 x 2.
Are they interchangeable?
3/14/2018
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good afternoon Mark,

It seems from the information in the link below from the US State Dept that the two are not the same in terms of size:

https://photos.state.gov/libraries/france/45994/pdfs/photographers.pdf

From what I can locate online that size for each are often the same but not for every country. From the State Dept report above that it seems that there is a difference in the US.

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian
Michael
Michael
Michael, Librarian