General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Purpura only please. Mr Purpura. Thank you for the advice,

William Purpura only please. Hi Mr...
William Purpura only please.
Hi Mr Purpura. Thank you for the advice, my PMP Application was approved today. I immediately went online to pay for the exam and select a date to take it.
I was informed that "anyone applying to take exam after March 11, will be taking the new Pilot Test Exam from 6th Edition of Pembok.Since I paid PMI and recently took the PMI training using the 5th edition, what is your recommendation about studying for the exam?Are there areas of 5th edition that will NO LONGER be taught in 6th, if so, maybe I should not spend anymore time studying those??Thank you again.
Also, I just called customer service and reported the issue (a 2nd time) that I am unable to give you any Star rating, that I want to give you 5 stars. They told me they fixed it???
3/14/2018
William Purpura
I would see if you can take the old exam if at all possible. The new edition has many changes across all phases and you will not be ready to pass it. Give me a few minutes to find the big changes and get right back to you.

First, check out these links that highlight the changes between the version 5 & version 6

https://www.businessbeam.com/insights/articles/item/19-difference-between-pmbok-5-and-pmbok-6

https://edward-designer.com/web/pmbok-guide-6-vs-pmbok-guide-5/

https://www.pmbypm.com/pmbok-itto-questions/

https://www.projectmanagement.com/Topics/PMI-Standards/

From what I see the changes are enough to make getting a passing score on the new exam without fully understanding what is covered in Rev 6 is extremely low.

Since old PMP exam is going to change on March 26, 2018 to reflect the updates on the 6th edition 6th you can either find a place that offers it beforehand or budget a few months of prep time to take the new exam later. If you do try to take on version 5 get your hands on

https://www.amazon.com/Questions-Simulation-Software-Windows-Smartphone/dp/B074V499Y4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1520987331&sr=8-3&keywords=pmp+prep+version+5+exam

This simulation software is critical to passing the exam. Take as many times as you can before the exam until you average a 92% passing score because you don't want to take it again!

Good luck with either option :-)

William Purpura
Thats awesome news. Plus I went back to look at that Message I saw when paying for the exam, about the pilot course ... it actually related to the CAPM exam. (Relief) I will check out amazon. thank you for everything!
Glad you have options now. Just remember that the key to passing the exam is to drill yourself on practice exams until you maintain a 90 plus score before you head in.
As you suggested, I purchased on Amazon some PMP practice tests. :O)Thank you!
Make sure you time yourself. Also you can bring a Pencil and two sheets of paper in with you into the exam. You need to practice generating from memory the master architecture diagram which usually helps you answer most of the questions and commit fully to memory. You want to be able draw it soon as you enter the room since being able to reference that diagram during the exam that will prevent you for second-guess yourself later as well as help answer a lot of the questions quickly.