General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

When was the last time Democrats have been in control of all…

When was the last time...
When was the last time Democrats have been in control of all 3 branches of government?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Sarah
Sarah, Teacher

Good morning and welcome to justanswer.com. The last time Democrats have been in control of all three branches of the government was in the 1960's. Democrats controlled all three branches of the government during the administrations of Presidents John F. Kennedy and Lynden B. Johnson, from 1961-1969. Prior to that, Democrats controlled all three branches of the government during the administrations of Presidents Franklin D. Roosevelt and Harry S. Truman, from 1937-1945.

It is always my priority to provide excellent customer service. If you feel that I have done so, please take a moment to provide a positive rating. If not, please let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you. Have a wonderful day! Sarah

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well, how would I respond to a Republican who just told me "Not true! In 2008 - 2010 Democrats had control of all 3 houses. The obstructionist gained the majority because of bad decisions taken by the administration for those 2 years. Had some of the examples set by the FDR administration, which took office under similar economic circumstances, been followed, the obstructionists would have lost seats." ???Is that person off her rocker??

She is slightly misinformed regarding the control of all three houses, but of course is entitled to her own opinion regarding bad decisions being made. Democrats did control the White House and the Congress from 2009-2011, but the Supreme Court had at least five Republican justices at that time, even after Democrat Elena Kagan replaced Republican John Paul Stevens in 2010.

Sarah
Sarah, Teacher
Sarah
Sarah
Sarah, Teacher