General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

I have a Lane cedar chest by Knechtel in Hanover Ontario. My…

I have a Lane...

I have a Lane cedar chest by Knechtel in Hanover Ontario. My mother in law race it as a gift for her 21st bday in 1944. She is now 95 so that makes it at least 74 years old. There are condition problems on the top but the inside and outside are beautiful. What would be the value of something like this?

Expert's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

It has the correct stamps inside, the clasp still works. It has one removable tray.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/11/2018
Jennifer Sheffer
Jennifer Sheffer, Internet Researcher

A 1940's Lane cedar chest has a current value of $350 to $400

if the outside is free of water damage and scratches or chips.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), http://www.revueconsignment.com/ (in Ohio),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to click the five stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

Jennifer Sheffer
Jennifer Sheffer, Internet Researcher