General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Teacher only:, you previously answered my question about…

This question is for Sarah...
This question is for Sarah teacher only:Hello Sarah, you previously answered my question about revenue management in New York city. I'd like to ask you, if you could find any report about revenue management for hotels in New York City, like something that would give me an overview of the year, like prices for different dates. Ex: dates that people come the most to NY.Thank you so much.
3/11/2018
Josie-Mod
Josie-Mod, Moderator
I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when she is back online.
Sarah
Sarah, Teacher

Thank you for the question. I have been researching this for you and I'm not sure if I've found exactly what you're looking for, but I'm hoping that some of this information is what you're looking for:

• This report includes a graph that shows the average overnight accommodation costs in NYC broken down by month: https://www.statista.com/statistics/308777/overnight-accommodation-costs-new-york-by-month/
  • This report includes a graph that shows the average daily rate of hotels in NYC broken down by quarter: https://www.statista.com/statistics/202391/average-daily-rate-of-hotels-in-new-york/
  • This report includes graph that shows the most popular months for hotels in New York (see page 22): http://www.nycandcompany.org/assets/files/pdf/NYC_Travel+TourismTrendReport_2016.pdf
  • This graph shows occupancy and room rate trends by month for Manhatten: https://www.nycedc.com/economic-data/travel-and-tourism
  • This report discusses general trends and forecasting for NYC hotel industry: http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/Research/US-New-York-Hotel-Intelligence-New-York-2016-JLL.pdf?d9d4418c-4d46-42f6-95f5-d86153e95fba
  • This report is from 2015 but has a lot of revenue information about NYC hotels and Airbnb http://www.hanyc.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/HVS-Impact-Study-FINAL-Airbnb-and-the-NYC-Lodging-Market-10-27-15-copy.pdf
  • This is just a general guide to hotel revenue strategy that I stumbled upon in my research and thought you might be interested in. http://duettocloud.com/resources/ultimateguide.pdf

I hope that this information has been helpful for you. If you are satisfied with my customer service, please take a moment to provide a positive rating. Thank you and have a wonderful evening! Sarah

Oops! Forgot to click "Answer" on that last reply to indicate that I had completed my answer. I am clicking it now so that you can accept the answer and rate if you are satisfied. Thank you so much! Sarah

Sarah
Sarah, Teacher
Sarah
Sarah
Sarah, Teacher