General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Is there a rabbi there or someone with knowledge about

Customer Question
jewish beliefs?1. What are the...
is there a rabbi there or someone with knowledge about jewish beliefs?1. What are the differences between the jewish Old Testament and the christian? I am confused. I though they were the same? Do jews have a different bible or is the same?2. what do jews think about the christian religion?3. it looks like christians took the concept of satam from the jewish and took it out of proportion and have created a culture of fear. . or where did they take the concept of satan the devil, the demons, etc. could you kindly explain . why they got so obsessed with the devil?4. Did God gave the 'evil' power to do miracles? I've heard some christians said that and that seems to me impossible especially from a loving God.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: General
3/10/2018
Expert: Michael, Librarian replied 1 month ago
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good evening,

Differences are there between the two major religions as I have gone ahead to research information to help understand the differences:

1. In terms of the Old Testament and the New Testament, differences and similar beliefs can be found here in this informative link from the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/texts/bible.shtml

2. In terms of relation to each other and its thoughts

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/4366-christianity-in-its-relation-to-judaism

3. A good explanation of Satan and how it comes into the belief system can be explained here

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Satan

4. There are some links online that talk about pastors using evil powers to do miracles but most believe that this is not the case for most.

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Michael
Michael
Michael, Librarian