General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Why are there high rates of substance abuse such as

Why are there high...

Why are there high rates of substance abuse such as alcoholism and petrol stiffening?

Expert's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Outlook

Expert's Assistant: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Customer:***@******.***

Expert's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I don't understand

Expert's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

3/9/2018
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good afternoon,

Interesting question as I have gone ahead to research what has been studied on this topic in Australia. Many reports are available from government sources on the number of people using substances such as these in detail. As for a reason why, most reports seem to believe that those heavy users fall under demographics such as "Indigenous people; people who were unemployed; people identifying as homosexual or bisexual; people with a mental illness; and people living in remote areas."

https://www.aihw.gov.au/getmedia/e4f7cfc6-3cd5-4cf7-8c7e-dd77e83b8239/ah16-4-5-illicit-drug-use.pdf.aspx

Other reasons such as easy to obtain as well as age offer higher rates as reported in the link below:

https://www.smh.com.au/healthcare/behind-australias-love-affair-with-illicit-drugs-20150424-1msnzz.html

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Thank you so much for that, and keep it

You are very welcome as please take a quick moment to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian