General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

How to know if my newly bought wooden, rattan or cardboard…

How to know if my...
How to know if my newly bought wooden, rattan or cardboard bird toys are free of mould? Some toys smells a bit mouldy or some other unfresh old weird d smell, but don't look very mouldy with lots of black stuff. I tried to spray it with vinegar but I still can't make sure it's completely freefrom mould. I don't feel very safe about letting my birds play these toys, as mouldy spores could be too tiny to be seen by naked eyes. What should I do with the toys?
3/8/2018
Michael
Michael, Librarian

Hello, thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am Michael, a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Good evening,

With any doubts you have on the toys that I would return them to where you purchased them to get a refund. If though you want to try cleaning them before giving them to your bird that below are ways to clean them for being used in the future:

https://www.drsfostersmith.com/pic/article.cfm?articleid=1386

If you return the toys purchased and want to look for something else that is safe, consider these below:

http://noahsarkandnovelty.com/premabito.html

I hope that this information was found useful as please inform me of any additional questions/concerns you have. Also if you could take a second to rate my assistance so that I know my help was found useful today.

Take care,

Librarian Michael

Michael
Michael, Librarian